July 16, 2020
Visitation Catholic STEM Academy was founded so that every member of our community could form a relationship with Christ. Visitation is guided by the virtues of Mary and the Catholic faith. In partnership with families and the parish, we inspire a diverse community of learners to follow Christ, pursue understanding, and transform the world, in a STEM-integrated, project-based environment.
Visitation is currently hiring for the role of Instructional Aide / Recess Supervision for grades K-8. Preferred qualifications include an associate’s degree, experience working or participating in Catholic education and a person who is a practicing Catholic. Anyone who works at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy must support and model the teachings and beliefs of the Catholic Church. The team at Visitation works collaboratively and practices critical self-reflection in order to maintain ongoing growth and to respond to the needs of our students and the community.
Instructional Aide / Recess Supervision Job Description
Time: 8:00am- 1:00pm, Monday – Friday
August to June, 180 days per year
$13.50 per hour
- Enhance classroom instruction by actively monitoring students and providing an additional layer of instructional support when needed.
- Work with small groups of students and individuals.
- Promote student growth, achievement, and feeling of self-worth.
- Demonstrate professional behavior at all times.
- Work cooperatively with all school personnel.
- Assist the classroom teacher with safety and welfare of the students.
- Supervise students during morning recess, lunch, and lunch recess.
- Proactively promote a playground environment that reflects a belief in the dignity of all people.
- Communicate with parents and teachers in order provide a nurturing environment for all students.
- Seek personal and professional growth.
- Support the teachings of the Catholic Church in word and in action.