- August 2017 will be my 25th anniversary with VCSA.
- Bates Vocational 1972 – Secretarial, business machines, clerical and bookkeeping
- Fort Steilacoom Community College
My grandfather helped lay the first bricks when Visitation Church was built! My grandson is a 4th-generation student at Visitation in grade 1. His mother, grandmother (myself) and great grandmother also attended Visitation! I have six brothers and one sister who is a Benedictine Sister. She was never allowed to teach or principal at Vis since all her siblings attended here.
- Early Childhood Education (PreK-3)
- Elementary Education (K-8)
- History (8-12)
- BA in Education from St. Martin’s University
- MS in Reading and Literacy from Walden University
- M.Ed in Education Leadership from Seattle University
- WA State Teacher Certificate – Early Childhood Education (PreK-3), Elementary Education (K-8), History (8-12)
- WA State Principal Certificate
This is Miss Fogarty’s first year at Visitation. This year she is the 3rd and 4th Grade Language Arts and Social Studies teacher. The other part of her day is spent as the assistant principal. Before Miss Fogarty came to Visitation, she spent 14 years at St. Philomena Catholic School in Des Moines, WA. Over the 14 years she was there, she was the 2nd grade teacher, 5th grade teacher and Dean of Academics. Miss Fogarty loves the community at Visitation and that everyone does everything possible to provide a Catholic education to those that desire it.
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Special Education (preschool -grade 12)
- Resource Teacher Consulting
- General Ed (preschool – grade 8)
- Bachelor’s of Education in Special Education, Gonzaga University
- Master’s coursework -Mildly Handicapped Special Education and Resource Teacher Consulting, University of Washington
- Master’s coursework for Early Childhood Education and Special Education, University of Idaho
- Washington Teaching Certificate k-8 generalist, preschool – grade 12 Special Education
- Washington Lifetime Substitute Certificate
- Idaho Teaching Certificate, preschool – grade 8 generalist, preschool – grade 12 Special Education
- Children’s Literature
- Irish Studies
I taught kindergarten several years ago at Visitation, as well as preschool for Visitation at St Ann’s campus. I have been attending the parish for 5 years.
- Experienced as a caregiver for young children.
- I’ve worked in the Visitation school office for 4 years.
- I was a Teacher’s Assistant at Visitation for one year in grades 1 and 2.
- This is my first year as a Teacher’s Assistant in Visitation’s PK and my 5th year working at VCSA.
- Child Care Basics Certificate for Washington Child Care
Academic Interests: Interested in pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Development
I am a lifelong Tacoma resident and a Visitation alumna. I attended Visitation from Kindergarten through 8th grade. My three children currently attend Visitation and have been at the school for eight years. Visitation has a special place in my heart!
- I’ve been teaching at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy for 6 years.
- First and second grade teacher – 7 years.
- PE teacher – 1 year
- I am endorsed in Literacy and I love to teach kids how to read.
- I love to take professional development courses to enhance my teaching. I’ve taken courses on the following subjects: Stem, ADHD, Writing, Project Based L
- I was on our Visitation accreditation team in 2012 and assisted in preparing our document.
- In 2016, I served on an accreditation team at another school.
- AA from South Puget Sound Community College
- BA in Elementary Education K-8 and a minor in Literacy from Central Washington University
- Certified PLTW lead teacher
- Literacy endorsement
- K-8 Elementary Teacher
If you were to walk past the first and second grade classroom, you would see students working together in groups, singing educational songs, hands-on learning, living out our Catholic Faith, and learning in all academic fields. Our classroom is bright with bulletin boards, welcoming, stimulating, energized, and a room of students building friendships.
I have been teaching at Visitation for the last 6 years and I continue to love our small school community. The families, students and staff are all very welcoming. This year has been an exciting year because my nephew joined the Visitation team in prekindergarten. It has been fun watching him blossom. Each year I am excited and thankful for the opportunity to teach first and second grade at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy.
In my spare time, I am chasing after my curious son, Hudson. He is quite the little stud. My husband and I are first time parents and we have learned a lot! It has been a blast teaching him new things.
- Vice Principal for 4 years
- Have taught K to 8th grade in Physical Education
- Have Taught 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade classroom
- CYO Director for 6 years
- Bachelor of Arts in Parks and Recreation
- Masters in Administration of Education
- Teaching Certification
- I enjoy teaching all subject areas and love watching students learn and be excited about it.
- One year of service with the AmeriCorps program City Year Seattle/King County at Emerson Elementary School in Rainier Beach
- Two years of Academic Intervention at West Seattle High School
- One year at Tacoma School of the Arts as a Humanities Instructor
- BA from Western Washington University in English Literature with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- Washington State Teachers Certification
- European History: My high school classes have all centered around Renaissance and Enlightenment thinkers and writers
- American Literature: My favorite novels to teach are The Great Gatsby and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
- Young Adult Literature: One of my favorite things is teaching contemporary novels to boost student engagement
I am a born and bred Tacoma Catholic. I went to Saint Charles Borromeo kindergarten through 8th grade, and eventually graduated from Bellarmine Prep. After several years in Seattle, I returned to Tacoma last year. I am currently a member at Saint Leo’s Parish.
- Middle School General Science (Board Certified)
- Certificated: General Science (5-12), Biology (5-12)
- Highly Qualified: Middle School Math
- BS in Biology
- M.Ed in Education, emphasis in science curriculum and instruction
- Natural Sciences
This is my ninth year of teaching and my first year at Visitation.
- I started adult life in the US Army. I served in the Ordinance Corps as a Heavy wheel Mechanic for 10 years. I was the Non Commissioned Officer in charge of Physical Training, and involved in numerous volunteer activities as the Better Opportunity for Single Soldiers President. I loved being a soldier!
- I was an Extended Care Director for both VCSA and Christ Lutheran Church for a combined 7 years. I really enjoy spending time with and helping Children of all ages.
- Catechism Teacher for VCSA and Sacred Heart
- CYO coach–My favorite job!
- Alternate for Ms. Ceci
- ASE Diesel Mechanic
- CDA-DANB Certified Dental Assistant
- Working on my BA in Education
- ECE Basic STARS Certificate
- ECE School Age Children Training
- CPR & First Aid
- Early Childhood Programs
- Physical Fitness/Sports Training
- Library Science
I have been a Parishioner at Visitation for 15 years. I love my parish family and enjoy volunteering, teaching and practicing my faith. I have been a parent at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy for seven years. Never have I been in a more inviting, loving community than this. All four of our children attend VCSA and learn and grow in leaps and bounds every day! My husband and I, along with our children, have made lifelong friends. I help organize and run parent groups and volunteer in many facets in the school. My first class at VCSA graduates High School this year and I couldn’t be more proud of the young adults I have watched them become.
- Kitchen paperwork
- Food Preparation
- All Kitchen Duties
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookkeeper at Visitation for 9 years
- BA in Accounting from the University of Puget Sound
My family moved to Tacoma when I was in the second grade. I graduated from Visitation School and Bellarmine Prep. All three of my children graduated from Visitation Catholic School. My family and I also attend Visitation Church.
I was a school parent back in 1999 who volunteered so much they hired me. That
was back in 2001. By the end of this 16-17 school year I will have had four children graduate from Visitation.