- August 2017 was my 25th anniversary with VCSA.
- Bates Vocational 1972 – Secretarial, business machines, clerical and bookkeeping
- Fort Steilacoom Community College
My grandfather helped lay the first bricks when Visitation Church was built! My grandson is a 4th-generation student at Visitation in grade 1. His mother, grandmother (myself) and great grandmother also attended Visitation! I have six brothers and one sister who is a Benedictine Sister. She was never allowed to teach or principal at Vis since all her siblings attended here.
- Child Care Basics Certificate for Washington Child Care
Visitation has a special place in my heart! I am a lifelong Tacoma resident, my siblings and I attended Visitation School K through 8th grade. My three children are also proud to be Visitation Vikings.
Current Position: Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Teacher
- 4th Grade Teacher
- Middle School Special Ed Language Arts Teacher
- BS in Elementary Education
- K-8 Elementary Teacher
- Early Childhood Endorsement
- Reading Specialist Endorsement
- Middle Grades Language Arts Endorsement
- Structured English Immersion Endorsement
I grew up here in Washington, and had my First Holy Communion at St. Francis Cabrini in Lakewood. . My teaching experience has been in Arizona for 20 plus years. I came back to Washington to be with my father in his older years. Previously, I was the Title 1 Reading Teacher here at Visitation before accepting the position to be the kindergarten teacher. I like art, traveling, spending time with my children and family. I love the mountains, the ocean, and the little kindergarten students!
I believe every child can learn in a nurturing environment, where caring and creative teachers guide each student in their own sense of discovery.
- I’ve been teaching at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy for 6 years.
- First and second-grade teacher – 7 years.
- PE teacher – 1 year
- I am endorsed in Literacy and I love to teach kids how to read.
- I love to take professional development courses to enhance my teaching. I’ve taken courses on the following subjects: Stem, ADHD, Writing, Project Based L
- I was on our Visitation accreditation team in 2012 and assisted in preparing our document.
- In 2016, I served on an accreditation team at another school.
- AA from South Puget Sound Community College
- BA in Elementary Education K-8 and a minor in Literacy from Central Washington University
- Certified PLTW lead teacher
- Literacy endorsement
- K-8 Elementary Teacher
If you were to walk past the first and second-grade classroom, you would see students working together in groups, singing educational songs, hands-on learning, living out our Catholic Faith, and learning in all academic fields. Our classroom is bright with bulletin boards, welcoming, stimulating, energized, and a room of students building friendships.
I have been teaching at Visitation for the last 6 years and I continue to love our small school community. The families, students, and staff are all very welcoming. This year has been an exciting year because my nephew joined the Visitation team in prekindergarten. It has been fun watching him blossom. Each year I am excited and thankful for the opportunity to teach first and second grade at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy.
In my spare time, I am chasing after my curious son, Hudson. He is quite the little stud. My husband and I are first time parents and we have learned a lot! It has been a blast teaching him new things.
- Middle School General Science (Board Certified)
- Certificated: General Science (5-12), Biology (5-12)
- Highly Qualified: Middle School Math
- BS in Biology
- M.Ed in Education, emphasis in science curriculum and instruction
- Natural Sciences
- I started adult life in the US Army. I served in the Ordinance Corps as a Heavy wheel Mechanic for 10 years. I was the Non-Commissioned Officer in charge of Physical Training, and involved in numerous volunteer activities as the Better Opportunity for Single Soldiers President. I loved being a soldier!
- I was an Extended Care Director for both VCSA and Christ Lutheran Church for a combined 7 years. I really enjoy spending time with and helping Children of all ages.
- Catechism Teacher for VCSA and Sacred Heart
- CYO coach–My favorite job!
- Alternate for Ms. Ceci
- ASE Diesel Mechanic
- CDA-DANB Certified Dental Assistant
- Working on my BA in Education
- ECE Basic STARS Certificate
- ECE School Age Children Training
- CPR & First Aid
- Early Childhood Programs
- Physical Fitness/Sports Training
- Library Science
I have been a Parishioner at Visitation for 15 years. I love my parish family and enjoy volunteering, teaching and practicing my faith. I have been a parent at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy for seven years. Never have I been in a more inviting, loving community than this. All four of our children attend VCSA and learn and grow in leaps and bounds every day! My husband and I, along with our children, have made lifelong friends. I help organize and run parent groups and volunteer in many facets in the school. My first class at VCSA graduates High School this year and I couldn’t be more proud of the young adults I have watched them become.
- Kitchen paperwork
- Food Preparation
- All Kitchen Duties
Contact: School Office 253.474.6424
- Bookkeeper at Visitation for 9 years
- BA in Accounting from the University of Puget Sound
My family moved to Tacoma when I was in the second grade. I graduated from Visitation School and Bellarmine Prep. All three of my children graduated from Visitation Catholic School. My family and I also attend Visitation Church.